Soooo it has been a couple weeks since I last updated and I wanted to let everyone know what has been going on! Not a lot has happened, but a lot has happened as well. Isn't that how life is? I've been doing my best to keep busy by writing mission friends, practicing Finnish, going to different Temples and all sorts of other random activities! I've also spent a lot of time with family and friends and it has been great to see so many people! I truly feel so blessed to have so many incredible individuals in my life. I've got a lot of free time on my hands right now and it has been strange going from being so extremely busy to having so much time!
Health wise things have started to move in the right direction. After another couple of tests that again found nothing wrong it has been discovered that my thyroid is slightly overactive. The thyroid can wreck havoc on the body because it effects so many different things! It could potentially be the cause of a lot of the symptoms I've been experiencing and I am praying that is the case! The good news is that I have now been able to start taking medication to correct that instead of just taking pills to "cover" the symptoms. It will most likely take a while to see how the medication will affect the symptoms, but I should know more in about a month. In the mean time I will continue to make the best of this "in-between" time that I have been blessed with! It doesn't make sense logically, but I know that I am home for a reason and I will continue to exercise Faith in my Heavenly Father's plan for me! As a friend who recently came home from her mission put it, "I'm lucky I get more time to prepare!"
My testimony grew exponentially while I was in the MTC and I am so grateful for the time I had there. The great thing is I have continued to learn more through so many venues since I have been home! Through attending a Mission Prep class with my good friend Karli, visiting the temple with friends, reading all sorts of great talks and attending the weekly devotionals at the Institute my testimony has just continued to grow. We are so lucky to have the opportunity to receive inspiration through the Holy Ghost each and every day if we are open to it! I feel so blessed to be able to feel the power of prayer and the Book of Mormon each and every single day, and truly have a testimony of doing these small and simple things. They truly bring a power into our lives the minute we begin a serious study.
"There is a power in the book [of mormon] which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of [it.] You will find greater power to resist temptation. You will find the power to stay on the strait and narrow path. The scriptures are called 'the words of life', and nowhere is that more true than it is of the Book of Mormon. When you begin to hunger and thirst after those words, you will find life in greater and greater abundance." - President Benson
The Book of Mormon—Keystone of Our Religion
Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support! I am truly grateful for all of the love I have felt and know that I would not be who I am today without each and every one of you! I will try to be a little better about updating more frequently! I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment