Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Deadline

Today is Easter Sunday and what a glorious day it has been. The chance to celebrate that Jesus Christ, my Savior, lives! He did what no man could do. He lived. He Died. and now He Lives Again. I'm so grateful for that focus today and the hope that it brought because otherwise I don't think I would have made it through this day.

Today marks 6 months since I came home from the MTC. Today is the deadline. The day that means that if I am ever cleared to serve again there is no guarantee I would serve where my heart so often is, Helsinki Finland.

My heart breaks, as the reality that my full time mission is truly over washes over me. I didn't recognize it, but I had been holding out hope that I would get to go back. That I would be called again to serve the Lord with those I came to love both whom I met in the MTC and those I never met in Finland.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to go and listen as the Orem Institute Latter Day Celebration Choir testified through song of the events of His life and the reality that He lived. The spirit was palpable and filled the room from the minute it began. It was an emotional experience and it allowed me to remember who truly is in charge. That it is through His grace and power, anything and anyone can be healed. It helped me to remember the reason we are here and the hope we have in Christ.

As hard as it is to accept my mission story, I do my best to have faith that this is not the end. To believe that my mission on Earth is not over. To realize that a mission is only over if one chooses to let it be over. I can continue to live my life as a mission testifying of the truths I know. #becauseofhim I can have hope in the future. Hän on minun Vapahtaja!

No comments:

Post a Comment