The other night as I listened to the early return missionaries during the Thursday Institute one thing that hit me is that through this experience a lot of us have become more grateful for the little things in life. I for one have tried to spend more time being grateful for those everyday miracles and it has been such a blessing to be able to see!
One of the things I have been so grateful for lately are the connections I have made with other people. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like the purpose of life comes from relationships. I feel the most joy when I am with people I love!
In the past few months I have been making a lot of new connections, and reconnecting with people from my past. I feel like I've had so many experiences that illustrate the blessings others bring into our life, and I wanted to write down a few!
1. I got to make deep connections with the fantastic missionaries and teachers at the MTC! So many people I know are serving all over the world and getting to weekly hear about all of their experiences is awesome! If you haven't written a missionary or read a letter from one lately I encourage you to do so! Letters from home mean the world to EVERY missionary. Just this week a missionary I only knew for a few days at the MTC wrote in her blog words I felt were exactly what I needed to hear, and another one sent me a fantastic chocolate bar from Finland. Missionaries are inspired, so loving and soooooo incredible!
2. My junior high choir teacher released an incredibly uplifting CD and through the magic if Facebook I heard about it. She asked if I wanted to come pick it up from her and we were able to chat for a little while about what has been going on in life these past 7+ years! It was so incredible to me that even though it had been so long we were able to have such a great experience catching up! She made a HUGE impact in my life by being one of those teachers who helped me to begin believing in myself. I know I wouldn't be the same person I am today without her!
3. I have many experiences where I have also been able to reconnect with family and friends from various times in my past. From great high school friends to friends from my leadership days, and friends I met in college. I love those relationships where you can pick right up and start talking like no time has passed at all! These individuals have helped me to see how many amazing people I have in my life.

4. One of my very best friends got married and even though things have been crazy lately it was such a perfect and fun day! It is inspiring to see how things have changed in the last year for her and to get to see how in love she and Robert are! Everyone deserves a love like theirs! It was so great to get to see so many of our friends and help out on her wedding day!
5. The culmination of everything was my birthday! It stated out with a very loving and thoughtful birthday recognition from the people in my office! I never knew how fun work could be until I met these people! I am blessed to get to work with them. They decorated the computer I was working at and even provided a great spread of food!!!
In the past few months I have been making a lot of new connections, and reconnecting with people from my past. I feel like I've had so many experiences that illustrate the blessings others bring into our life, and I wanted to write down a few!
1. I got to make deep connections with the fantastic missionaries and teachers at the MTC! So many people I know are serving all over the world and getting to weekly hear about all of their experiences is awesome! If you haven't written a missionary or read a letter from one lately I encourage you to do so! Letters from home mean the world to EVERY missionary. Just this week a missionary I only knew for a few days at the MTC wrote in her blog words I felt were exactly what I needed to hear, and another one sent me a fantastic chocolate bar from Finland. Missionaries are inspired, so loving and soooooo incredible!2. My junior high choir teacher released an incredibly uplifting CD and through the magic if Facebook I heard about it. She asked if I wanted to come pick it up from her and we were able to chat for a little while about what has been going on in life these past 7+ years! It was so incredible to me that even though it had been so long we were able to have such a great experience catching up! She made a HUGE impact in my life by being one of those teachers who helped me to begin believing in myself. I know I wouldn't be the same person I am today without her!
3. I have many experiences where I have also been able to reconnect with family and friends from various times in my past. From great high school friends to friends from my leadership days, and friends I met in college. I love those relationships where you can pick right up and start talking like no time has passed at all! These individuals have helped me to see how many amazing people I have in my life.

4. One of my very best friends got married and even though things have been crazy lately it was such a perfect and fun day! It is inspiring to see how things have changed in the last year for her and to get to see how in love she and Robert are! Everyone deserves a love like theirs! It was so great to get to see so many of our friends and help out on her wedding day!
5. The culmination of everything was my birthday! It stated out with a very loving and thoughtful birthday recognition from the people in my office! I never knew how fun work could be until I met these people! I am blessed to get to work with them. They decorated the computer I was working at and even provided a great spread of food!!!
The night of my birthday I decided all I wanted most was to get to see the people I love!! I decided to throw a marshmallow and hot dog roast up the canyon. The rain and cold weather almost scared us away, but it ended up being a pretty fantastic night!
I invited a bunch of people through Facebook and wasn't really sure who would come. :) I ended up with a mixed group of people from people I've know forever to friends I've just met. People from my ward family, work family, friend family and even my family family came! I loved getting to see so many people I've met in so many different areas of my life all together at once!
These are definitely not all of the experiences I've had in the last weeks, but these are a few I wanted to highlight! I am so grateful for each and every person who I've been able to connect with in my 25 years of life! It's my relationships with others that truly give us joy! I can't wait to see who I get to meet in the next 25 years! Hopefully one of those people will be someone I get to spend eternity with. ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment