Monday, September 16, 2013

The Storms

FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!

I miss you all so much! My heart aches because I just wish I could see you. I wish I could give each of you a huge hug and see your smiling faces. I look forward to the day I will get to see you again.

Again this week you all amazed me so much. I feel so blessed to have so many people who have sent me Dear Elders, letters or packages with words of advice exactly at the moment I need it. Many of the missionaries here don't get to hear from their family and friends as often as I do so I certainly feel so blessed. I love hearing how you are all doing. You are such a huge part of my life and I certainly miss you! I will do my best to respond to everyone! I truly do appreciate it.
Finnish Sisaret
So as promised here is the hashtag we came up with as a district! #SVEK. It is Sinä elät vain kerran. Which basically means YOLO in Finnish! Hahaha! We thought we were pretty clever. :)

I am kinda disappointed I didn't get any guesses on what that long word is in Finnish that I sent in a picture last week! :) In case you were wondering it is the year 1820 written out. They push all their numbers into one huge word! Pretty fun to say! haha

So during our recent devotional from Elder Evans one line he said struck me. He said that "the Prophets is calling for more servants not more time." He said that this isn't a prophesy that the second coming is getting closer. Just an observation that has made us all think so I thought I would share.
Laundry!

Food! We have some great Food at the MTC! I loved this Salmon! :)
So the reason for Today's subject comes from the crazy weather pattern Utah has decided to have lately! Here at the MTC we experience it all right along with you. We run from our Classrooms to our apartments and get there completely soaked along the way. We love it and just laugh normally. Unless of course it's the day when all of a sudden we look out our window and there is a MASSIVE cloud coming upon us. We all ran to the balcony to watch when all of a sudden it was like the MTC was in the middle of a tornado. Branches were flying everywhere. Rain was pouring down and we literally risked our lives running to dinner. The security wasn't too happy with us when we got there. I guess they wanted everyone to stay in their classrooms. Oops. :S It was sure crazy! I guess there is a video of a floating garbage can that was taken at the MTC right outside where my classroom is. Our teacher said he found it so you should look it up! We got SO MUCH WATER. I know a couple classrooms flooded. It was pretty crazy! At one point a huge branch broke and almost fell on a car right outside our classroom. It dented the fence and it was sure lucky that it didn't dent the car! I got a pix of the 
branch!
Storm Aftermath



We recently were joined by a bunch of new missionaries going to Greece! One of the sister's is from Finland and we love talking to her! We can't understand her a lot of the time but it has been great to practice!

The Language I think is finally starting to click! I am starting to understand little words and starting to be able to translate my own sentences. I am definitely still making so many mistakes but I am starting to learn. During a lesson one day it hit me that one day I will be able to understand and speak Finnish! I look forward to that day! It is a BEAUTIFUL language! I even started to accidentally pray in English and thought to myself that English is not very beautiful. haha. Guess I am developing a love of Finnish! :)

So remember last week when I said I was feeling sick with a cold. So my companions and district president finally convinced me that I should go to the health clinic because it couldn't hurt and it turned out I have Bronchitis! Guess it was a good thing I went! I am starting to feel better now and hope that will continue!

So I have two funny stories from this week. The first comes from when it was my turn to pray in class. I wanted to say some different stuff so I was reading from a prayer we had translated and I accidentally read the line that said "Please help us to sleep!" Hahaha! I almost started laughing when I realized it. It was even funnier because I was taking drugs for the bronchitis that were making me super drowsy so I definitely didn't need help sleeping! hahaha!

The second story comes from the Elders. They make me laugh so much! I am daily grateful for their comic relief! They are not the brightest sometimes and dare each other to do funny things. The latest they were telling us about at lunch was that one of them dared another to drink a coke and eat a mento with it. They knew that the combination makes things explode yet they still tried it and the poor elder was foaming at the mouth for a while. They are so funny!

We had a great experience at TRC getting to speak Finnish with the volunteers. They seemed to really appreciate our message and we are looking forward to it again tonight. It's stressful but great! We were kinda a mess before our last experience so I'm hoping tonight will go better! It is great talking with people we don't see all day every day though!

Paisley this next line is for you! The elders wear Paisley ties all the time and every time they do I think of you! I love it! I hope you are doing well!

I have so much more to tell all of you but I need to attach some pictures so I'll cut it short. I love you all and hope this message finds you well. Remember that the Lord is there for us in each of our trials. He will truly guide your life if you let me and He will do more with our lives than we can do alone. If we lose our life we will find it. I'll talk to you next week!!
Visiting Connie is often the Highlight of my Week!



This is picture I just took of myself emailing! Well technically Sisar Ross took it. :) This is what I look like! :) Our emailing takes place in the kitchens of the Raintree Apartments :)


Love you!!

Sisar Farnworth

No comments:

Post a Comment