I hope this letter finds you doing well! I thought this week, due to a suggestion from Krystal, that I would write more in detail what it is like being at MTC West! So here is my schedule :)
5:50 - Wake up to shower. Since there are 5 of us girls in an apartment and only one bathroom it's a little tricky with the bathroom.
6:00 - Read from the Mormonin Kirja. I'm attempting to read the Book of Mormon in Finnish for 30 minutes a day. It is slow going!
6:30 - Get Ready :)
| My Apartment Building |
7:30 - 1st 3 hour class of the day. Usually during this hour we teach our Finnish investigators for 20 mintues each and have language and some teaching lessons.
10:30 - We have companionship study where we plan our lessons.
11:20 - LUNCH TIME! We usually SYL during this meal so I'm normally pretty quiet. :)
12:05 - 2nd 3 hour class of the day! We are teaching each other in partnerships as "investigators" right now it's in English and we will probably move to Finnish soon. :S It is an interesting experience pretending to be investigators.
| Our Classroom Building |
4:20 - Dinner! :) This is again held in the cafetereia. We usually stop by the other trailer to get Sisar Knap's packages after Dinner and stop by our tiny bookstore. We are sure glad we have these resources! The hair cutters are also in this same trailer.
5:25 - GYM TIME!!! During this time we usually play Volleyball :) MTC rules are hilarous because basically anything goes except keeping score. Our District loves it. :) Gym is back over at Wyview in the parking lot. :) The Elders play basketball usually with nets set up in the parking stalls and we use the sand volleyball court. We love getting to be outside for a whole hour, but sometimes the weather likes to force us back inside with lightnight storms right above us! We love watching them from our living room. :)
| VOLLEYBALL :) |
| Sometimes I go to pull a stick out of a tree and I end up accidentially pulling out a huge 7 foot branch! My companions laughed so hard! |
6:45 - TALL - Technology Assisted Language Learning. I LOVE this hour! Basically we sit at a laptop for an hour and learn different Finnish phrases and words through electronic flashcards, and people speaking to us. It's pretty cool. I've learned a lot through it! :)
7:45 - Is my FAVORITE time of day!! Personal Study time! This is the time that I get to spend communicating with the Lord and learning exactly what he wants me to learn. I use this time to pray, read scriptures, and talks. It is so great!
9:00 - We head back to our apartment at Wyview for Daily planning! We usually do a spirital thought with the sister's our district and then have personal time. I write in my journal and usually read some more from the Book of Mormon.
10:30 - Lights out! :)
That is it! Our schedule changes frequently from the above, but that is about what it looks like. It's becoming more routine and time is starting to move faster which I'm so glad about! The MTC is a great learning place but I daily look foward to getting to serve the people of Finland.
I have felt Mom's presence so strongly here at the MTC lately and I am so thankful for that. When I met with Brother Taylor in our branch presidency and as we met he talked about how when President Holland dedicated the area he blessed that there would be Angels at the Windows and doors of the MTC. I know that Mom is one of those angels. As I talk about my experience with her and cancer those are the times I feel the spirit the strongest. I never realized just how much my testimony grew during that time and I am so thankful I can now share it with others.
We got 3 new Elders in our Branch this week and we love them!!! 1 is going to Estonia and 2 are going to Hungary. One of the Hungarians is from Ireland. We love his accent. :) The Elders are trying to get him to teach them how to do it. It's hilarious!
We are now doing SYL (Speak your language) every Friday. They are ROUGH days for me! But I hope they will help me grasp the language.
Thank you for all your love and support. I still struggle but I have FAITH that this is where I am supposed to be.
Love you all!!
Sisar Farnworth
| PDays are the best! |
| They finally turned on the water and we love how it sounds and looks! so pretty! |
| CONNIE!! Best part of the Week! |
No comments:
Post a Comment