Friday, October 18, 2013

The Last MTC Week

Hello Everyone! 

A day early this week due to some health tests I get to have done tomorrow! I'm excited to announce I have successfully made it to the last P-Day at the MTC. I can't believe it is already here. When we got our travel plans it was sooooo surreal! We will be in Finland in our areas this time next week!!
Dr. Office :) (We've spent a lot of time here lately)
This week both of our investigators decided they wanted to be baptized and it was so exciting! Jesse and Shelia have been working with us since our second week at the MTC and it has been so fun to watch them grow! We have been growing in our teaching and language skills as well! Consecration week has been tough but we have done pretty well at speaking in Finnish as much as possible. I feel like my language skills and confidence have grown. I know the transition to Finland will be oh so difficult but oh so exciting. I can't wait to get to be surrounded by native speakers all the time. I feel like I will learn so much! 
Us "texting" our investigators. :) This text is the one our investigator Jesse used to tell us he wants to be baptized!!! Best news ever! :)
This week has been full of Goodbyes! My best MTC friend left on Tuesday to Milan Italy. It was so sad, but so exciting saying goodbye. Sorella Woods will be so great! We are also starting to say goodbye to our teachers. We love them so much and are so grateful for all they have done! Veli Stewart has medical school interviews this weekend so we said goodbye to him Monday. We are not looking forward to our last class with Sisar Shaw and Veli Arneson! It will be hard to say goodbye! 
   Sorella Woods Last Day :( 
Veli Stewart's Last Day
The Devotional this week was Elder Oaks! We were so so so excited when he walked into the room. The spirit was so strong!! He truly is a man of God. As he spoke he talked about the amazing eternal truths our church has that makes us unique. The reasons we are God's church on Earth. He spoke with so much power and authority. It made me feel so blessed to have the knowledge I have at such a young age. That knowledge has helped me through so many trials in my life. We are so blessed to have the fullness of Jesus Christ's Gospel, The power of the Priesthood, and an unique testimony of Jesus Christ. We have knowledge that the majority of this world is lacking and we need to do our best to share it! We can change lives forever by simply inviting people to come and learn what we have to add to what they already know!
Last Devotional
Today 13 missionaries heading to Finland arrived at the MTC!!!!!! I cannot fully express just how excited we are to welcome them. We love them so much and we don't even know them yet. I hope they aren't overwhelmed by our love! The Finnish missionaries are a special group though. They are literally like my family away from home and I feel so blessed to know each one of them! We can't wait to get to know all of the new missionaries! I'll try to get a picture with them and send it next week! From Finland! :) 

Funny Story: We were walking through Raintree and saw these pants hanging from a Window. So I took a picture and then some Elders walking by told us the story to why they were there! I guess they have a Elder who is kinda crazy and he locked his  companion out of the room, hung his pants outside and then slid a note under the door that said, "You Sleep Outside With Your Pants!" Haha! I laughed so hard! The Elders are so funny! It was also a fun coincidence that the Elder telling the story knew Matt! Elder Waldron. He told me to say hello for him. So Hello Matt! :)
The Pants
Ok this is probably going to be awful Finnish, especially the grammar. But I wanted to try to share my testimony with you! 

Minun Todistus
Minä tiedän Joseph Smithin ollen profeetta. Jumala palautettu hänen evankeliumi hänen kautta. Minä tiedän että hän käänsi Mormonin Kirja. Minä tiedän Mormonin Kirja on totta. Tämä evankeliumi on tosi kirkko maailman. Minä tiedän evankeliumin tuovan rauhaa ja ilo. Minä tiedän että seuraaminen käsky toi onni. Rukoilla kautta me voimme saada ilmoitus. Minä tiedän Thomas S.Monson olevan profeetta meidän aika. Minä tiedän Kristuksen on meidän Vapahtaja. Hänen sovituksen meidän syntia varten. Minä tiedän että me olemme Jumalan lapsiaan. Jumala ja Kristus rakastaa meitä. Minä sanon tämä kaiken Jeesuksen Kristuksen nimessa, Aamen.

If you put that into Google Translate and it is completely awful sorry! The Finnish grammar is so hard so hopefully that is pretty close! :)

I love you all so much!! Have a fantastic week!!!


Sisar Farnworth
   Best Mail Day! 

   Pink Sky! 

   Sisaret 

   BYU Ice Cream Day! 
   Vanhin Hugie eating his Chocolate Chip Cookie in Chocolate Milk :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment