Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Treasures Along the Way

HELLO!!!!

So biggest news of the week!!! I get to sing in the Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday!! I will be wearing Dark pink in the 1st Soprano section so look for me :) I might be on camera. haha. So excited to be singing for 7 million sisters in this church! :D 

We have been practicing daily for about an hour and half every morning. It has been such an incredible experience. Some of the music was composed just for us for this broadcast. I won't ruin the surprise and tell you what we are signing yet, just know it will be so cool! I have felt the spirit bear witness to me so many times during practice of the truths of what we are singing. We have had members of the general relief society board present EVERY morning and even had the entire presidency there during our first practice. We have felt so much love from the people leading and guiding the church. I can't wait to tell you all next week about the incredible experience I know that Saturday will be.

The directors we get to work with are out of this world! They have SO MUCH ENERGY and they share the most amazing thoughts daily. Today Brother Eggett decided to share a thought he had this morning with us and it was an answer to my prayers. He talked about how as women we often don't think we are good enough, and he said I am here to testify to you that you are. He said think about what most people you're age right now are doing. The Lord is so happy that we have chosen to dedicate the next 18 months of our lives to Him and He is helping us. He said to stop worrying about not being good enough and not being able to do what the Lord has asked. We can't do it alone, but we don't have to. It is the Lord's work and he will help us every step of the way. He said to keep an eye out for little "treasures" along the way. Little blessings that can only be from the Lord. I have seen so many of those blessings this week, and I know that getting to sing in the Choir is a HUGE one. 

That advice isn't just for missionaries though. That advice is for everyone. I think we all worry a little too much sometimes about not doing good enough, but we need to realize that we are where we are supposed to be and the Lord is guiding and helping us.

Another little treasure I got this week was one of my UVU friends/employees Sister Amelia Rust arrived at the MTC and she is in the Choir with me!! I get to be her temporary companion during the practices and it is so great! I love her so much and it has been so fun having an outside world friend here!
SISTER RUST!! :D
This next treasure might surprise you since most people don't count talking in church as a blessing, but this week I was called upon to give a talk in our branch and it was a huge blessing. Before I tell you why let me tell you about how talks work here. Each week we have a topic and everyone is asked to prepare a talk on that topic. Then after the sacrament the person conducting gets up and announces who will be speaking that week. Literally 5 seconds before you have to give the talk. This week it was on the Gift of the Holy Ghost and I had a feeling it might be me. When he said my name my heart stopped for a sec and then I had the feeling that I could do this. I went up and thanks to guidance from my Father in Heaven I was able to give a pretty great talk. I shared a couple personal experiences and it was surprisingly fun. Getting to talk really made me feel like I was capable of being the missionary the Lord needs me to be.

As Sisters, the Finnish Five, we also sang "My Savior's Love," in Finnish as the closing song on Sunday. It turned out beautiful despite very little time to practice. Such great experiences!
Zone

District


Ok I think I have time for one or two more "treasure" experiences.

On Sunday after all our meetings we have a devotional and then we get to watch a movie. These movies are usually either old MTC Devotionals by General Authorities or other church videos.This sunday we chose to go to "Becoming a Missionary" by Elder Bednar. It was out of this world and made me want to be a better missionary. I loved his focus on doing a little better each day and by doing that we become the missionaries the Lord needs us to be. 

Another experience I had was while teaching. I chose to work more on being guided by the Spirit and so I went into the lesson having planned a couple phrases to say and a couple scriptures to use. I then prayed that the Lord would help me know exactly what to share. He let me know in the exact moment I needed to know and it was such a cool experience knowing he was using me as a tool. 

I hope all of this makes sense! I try to type as fast as I can and it's hard to remember everything I want to share! I am so grateful for all of you in my life. Thanks to those who send me Dear Elders and cards! I love them so very much! I'll be sending you a response soon! :)

Oh Almost forgot! Funny Experience for the week! So we have the computer program I talked to you about called Tall. Well it makes you repeat words over and over again. So I chose to learn the word for Satan, which is his name. So I say that over and over again. Keep in mind that people can hear me while I'm doing this. So then the next day I find out that it's a swear word!! TALL made me swear over and over! Oops! Haha! I got a good laugh out of that one :)
Email Hour! :)

Ok that's it for this week! I love you all! 

Sisar Farnworth


P.S. I'm currently reading the Book of Mormon trying to finish before I leave the MTC. I discovered if you read about 17 pages a day you can finish it in 30 days! If you want to join me I'd love to hear your experiences!! It is amazing how much power comes from studying the Book of Mormon daily! I'm currently reading 2 Nephi 15. 

No comments:

Post a Comment